T-Mobile’s 5G Lite Brite® Magenta Ticket Game
By participating in this Game, you agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract, so read them carefully before participating. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the Sponsor from you, a limitation of your rights and remedies, binding arbitration of claims, waiver of class action claims and waiver to the right to trial by jury.
1. Overview: To celebrate the release of the T-Mobile® themed Lite Brite® kit, T-Mobile will provide a T-Mobile’s 5G Lite Brite® Magenta Ticket Game (the “Game”) scheduled to begin at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 23, 2021, and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on or about June 30, 2022 (“Game Period”). These Official Rules apply only to the individual Game identified above and not to any of the other games/activities offered by T-Mobile, which are separate from the Game and will be subject to their own terms and conditions. By participating in this Game, you are agreeing to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor (refer to Rule 13 below), which are final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Game.
2. Eligibility: The Game is open to legal residents of any one of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands (collectively, the “Territory”), who are at least eighteen years of age at the time of participation (each an eligible “Participant”). Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of T-Mobile USA, Inc., Metro by T-Mobile, Hasbro Corporation, Porter Novelli, The Marketing Store, their respective parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries, and any other party participating in the development, design, administration or fulfillment of this Game (all of the foregoing entities and individuals, together, “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members of any such individual (spouse, IRS-dependent, biological, foster, in-law, adoptive or step- mother, father, sister, brother, child, husband or wife, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and those living in the same household of any such individuals, whether or not related, as of November 23, 2021, are not eligible. This Game is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
To Be Eligible To Win: Winning a prize requires that the potential winner of the prize is, and remains, in compliance with these Official Rules. Until a potential winner is verified to be eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner is, and will remain, a potential prize winner, unless the potential winner is disqualified for not complying with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any potential winner who Sponsor determines is not permitted by law to receive a prize. If the winner is eligible to participate in the Game, but is under the age of majority in their state of residence (a “Minor”), the prize will be awarded to or in the name of winner’s parent/legal guardian, who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of such winner, both on behalf of themself and the Minor Participant, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any potential winner who Sponsor determines is not permitted by law to receive the prize. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to refrain from conducting any advertising or publicity associated with a winner for any reason. Corporations and companies (any type) cannot be winners in this Game and are not entitled to any prizing won by their employees. Only natural people can be winners in this Game.
3. How To Participate: During the Game Period, eligible Participants can participate as follows:
A. Purchase Online.
The T-Mobile Lite Brite® kit is available for purchase (while supplies last) at www.t-mobile.com/5GLiteBrite. Each kit is available for purchase for approximately $19.99 plus any sales taxes. Once you make a purchase and receive the T-Mobile Lite Brite® kit, look for an official Game-winning magenta ticket (“Magenta Ticket”) in the box. If the box does not contain a Magenta Ticket, you are not a winner.
B. No Purchase Necessary. Mail, in a postage-paid envelope, a single piece of paper on which you legibly handprint your first name, last name, email address, phone number (including area code) and physical address (including street, city, state and ZIP; no P.O. boxes) in order to receive one Game play (while supplies last). Mail game play requests to T-Mobile’s 5G Lite Brite® Magenta Ticket Game Play Request, P.O. Box 2014, Lombard, IL 60148-2375. The Game Administrator (as defined below) will notify you if you are a winner. If you are not a winner, you will not be notified. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no earlier than November 23, 2021, and no later than July 1, 2022, and must be received by July 6, 2022. Each mail-in Game play request (“Game Play Request”) must be submitted in its own outer envelope. Game Administrator will discard Game Play Request envelopes that contain multiple pieces of paper. Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes that utilize address labels or stickers, that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, that are not mailed in separate outer stamped mailing envelopes, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will NOT be honored, acknowledged or returned, and the persons submitting such requests will forfeit any corresponding postage and envelopes.
C. Game Play/Prize Limits. There is a limit of one Game play per person each week via all methods, and a limit of one prize per Participant.
D. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning a prize are approximately 1 in 1,000 based on the number of T-Mobile Lite Brite® kits and free Game play supplies available.
All Participants are required to comply with the FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising at 16 CFR 255 (available at http://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/attachments/press-releases/ftc-publishes-final-guides-governing-endorsements-testimonials/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf). These obligations include disclosing in any social media post or communication, or any other communication, that they make about the Game, Sponsor or the event, that they are a Participant in the Game if the post or communication is incentivized by Sponsor (e.g., if Sponsor gives you a Game play or extra chance to play the Game in exchange for you posting a comment about Sponsor or the Game).
Sponsor may prohibit a Participant from participating in the Game and/or winning prizes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Game by participating via methods not allowed by these Official Rules, by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Participants or Sponsor or its agents, or if Participant has or has attempted to submit fraudulent prize claims, including, without limitation, fraudulent Magenta Tickets.
4. Prize Claim Process & Verification Of The Potential Winners: Upon receiving a Magenta Ticket, the potential winner must follow the instructions on the Magenta Ticket to claim and receive the prize. If a potential winner is notified by the Game Administrator that they are a potential winner, that potential winner will receive further instructions to claim the prize. The prize claim process must be completed by the date specified on the Magenta Ticket or communicated by the Game Administrator. Potential winners will receive prize claim documents that the potential winner will be required to complete, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release, where legal, the original Magenta Ticket (when appropriate), a guest release and an IRS Form W-9 and any other documents that the Sponsor may request (collectively the “Prize Claim Documents”) by the deadline specified by the Game Administrator. If the potential winner does not complete the prize claim process or does not provide the Sponsor with the required Prize Claim Documents by the specified deadline and in accordance with these Official Rules and Sponsor’s instructions at that time, the prize may be forfeited and, in that case, will go unawarded and will not be awarded to an alternate winner. Any failure to comply with these Official Rules or failure to properly claim a prize or to complete and return required Prize Claim Documents by the deadline set by Sponsor will result in disqualification and that prize will go unawarded. If Sponsor so elects, a potential prize winner may be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility, security requirements set by Sponsor and to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Game will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or reflect unfavorably on the Game or the Sponsor, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Magenta Tickets are subject to Sponsor’s verification process. Any tampering with Magenta Ticket security features may result in voiding the Magenta Ticket and forfeiture of prizes.
5. Prize(s); Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Four Prizes: Each winner of a Prize will, subject to verification, receive access for winner and one guest to one event of winner’s choosing at any T-Mobile arena (T-Mobile Park in Seattle, T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas or T-Mobile Center in Kansas City); two tickets for the chosen event (seat selection determined by Sponsor) (up to $250 ea.), round-trip, coach-class air travel for winner and guest from the major airport closest to their home anywhere in the 50 U.S./DC, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands to the event location (up to $1,000 ea.), roundtrip ground transportation in the destination city between airport/hotel and hotel/event (up to $500), two-night accommodations (one standard double occupancy room) in Sponsor’s sole selection (up to $350/night) and one $750 payment card for meals/spending money. Winner will also receive two 5G Devices (up to $1,199 ea.) including one year of T-Mobile service for each device (up to $360 ea.), one Flatscreen TV (up to $800) including one year of T-Mobile Home Internet service (up to $600), plus a check for $3,843 that winner can use for trip expenses and/or taxes on the prize or in their sole discretion. Total ARV of each prize is $12,811. Once verified as a winner, the prize winner will be contacted by the Game Administrator to make arrangements for travel. No meals, room service or other incidentals are included. Event, tickets, air travel, ground transportation and use of accommodations must be completed by June 30, 2023.
Total number of prizes available: 4; the total ARV of all available prizes is $51,244.
Terms applicable to the prize: All prize claims must be received by July 22, 2022. All prize details not stated in the above prize descriptions will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with the acceptance, receipt and use of the prize. Prize(s) consists only of items/amounts specifically listed. Any and all costs, fees (including, but not limited to, luggage fees and transportation between winner’s home and departure airport) and expenses not expressly stated in the prize description are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value will not be awarded and any difference will not be refunded. Certain conditions and restrictions may apply. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize(s) of equal or greater approximate retail value for any reason. No insurance is provided as part of the prize, and obtaining any insurance, such as but not limited to travel insurance, health, accident or medical insurance, and property loss or damage insurance is the sole responsibility of the winner and/or winner’s guest(s) (if any). Travel and other arrangements will be determined by Sponsor. If winner is a Minor, winner’s guest must be winner’s parent/legal guardian; and if winner’s guest is a Minor, guest must be winner’s child or legal ward. Air travel will be round-trip (originate from and end at the same airport), coach-class from and to an airport selected by Sponsor. Reservations must be made and tickets issued prior to travel. Tickets and certificates are non-refundable and non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Changes to reservations are not permitted. Prize winner and guest(s) must travel together on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for having any required travel-related documents (including valid government-issued photo ID and/or any required passport or visa) prior to departure, as well as fulfilling any/all travel and security requirements (including but not limited to any shots, vaccinations or other health requirements necessary to visit certain destinations). Sponsor reserves the right in their respective sole discretion to designate all flight/travel particulars and route or routes (as the case may be). Failure to complete the trip portion of the prize (or any portion of the prize) does not relieve the prize winner of their tax obligations associated with winning the trip prize. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. In the event a winner lives within one hundred miles of the destination for their prize, air travel will not be included in the trip prize and any such winner will be compensated a total of $500, in lieu of air travel, for any alternate travel expenses. No Released Parties will be liable for any missed opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Tickets for any game or event (if applicable) may not be transferred or sold and are subject to the additional conditions/restrictions imposed by their issuer as specified thereon. A prize winner must be available to travel on dates approved by Sponsor. If a winner (and/or the winner’s guest[s]) is not able to participate in any portion of a travel prize, that unused portion will not be substituted for cash or any other prize. Prize winners may be required to provide a current valid major credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover incidentals, and any and all costs, fees and expenses not expressly stated in the prize description. Restrictions and/or blackout dates may apply to some trip prizes. Once a guest is determined, that guest cannot be changed without the express consent of Sponsor, which may be withheld for any reason. Each winner and each guest agree to maintain their behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any prize-related activity. Prize winners understand and agree that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove a prize winner and/or any guest from any activity at any time if that winner or guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of Sponsor, or otherwise violates the policies of the Sponsor. The prize winner is solely responsible for the behavior of winner’s guests. If any activity relating to any prize is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the balance of that prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of the prize awarded.
6. General Conditions: By participating, Participants unconditionally:
a. agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or Game Administrator and any independent judge(s) used by Sponsor, which will be binding and final in all matters pertaining to the Game;
b. grant (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right and permission to use their name, nickname, entry information, picture, photograph, likeness, voice, video, biographical and personal information and written or verbal statements, at any time or times in perpetuity for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law; and
c. agree that Participant’s wireless service provider may release any Participant’s phone number(s) to the Sponsor or its designees for use in contacting Participant and determining Participant’s eligibility to receive a prize.
7. Limitations Of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for, and specifically disclaim any liability for or arising out of, any of the following regardless of cause, in connection with the Game:
a. any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, wireless carriers, Internet Service Providers (“ISP”) or unauthorized human intervention;
b. technical difficulties or failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in transmissions or connections, phone lines, network hardware or software, computers, equipment, programming errors, cable, satellite, cellular tower or ISP or wireless carriers;
c. bugs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or similar malicious attacks;
d. typographical, printing, network, mechanical, electronic, technical, human or other errors or malfunctions;
e. any responsibility and/or liability with respect to the Game and/or the prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with participation in this Game, the offering or announcement of any prize, or the acceptance/possession, use/misuse and/or defects of the prize awarded herein;
f. lost, incomplete, late, misdirected, garbled, undelivered, incomplete, stolen or mutilated transactions, subscriptions or entries; or garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; or
g. unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in the Game or any other part of the participation process in this Game. The Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to
(i) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any prize supplier or any of its agents, airlines, servants, employees or independent contractors,
(ii) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties, or
(iii) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties or their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. CAUTION: Any attempt by a person or entity to damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Game may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such individual(s) or entity(ies) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Release/Waiver/Indemnity: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, by entering, each Participant (and guest, if applicable) and each of their agents, assignees, executors and successors agree to indemnify, defend, hold harmless and fully release and forever discharge each of the Released Parties and their respective shareholders from and against any and all liabilities, costs, claims, alleged claims, demands, duties, rights, agreements, promises, damages, injuries, losses, expenses, liens and debt actions of any kind, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, whether now known or unknown, unforeseen or foreseen, arising out of or in any way connected with, directly or indirectly, participation in the Game, including without limitation, personal injury or death, loss of enjoyment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by or arising out of participation in this Game or resulting from acceptance, possession, quality, use or misuse of a Prize, or any portion thereof, or preparation for or travel to or from any prize-related or Game-related activity. The Released Parties are not responsible for any additional expenses, omissions or delays resulting from any acts of any government or authority. If applicable, the prize winner acknowledges that they are solely responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of their guest(s) related to any prize related activity, including, without limitation, any actions, claims or liabilities related to the use of the prize.
Disclaimer Of Warranties: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Released Parties make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, concerning any prize in connection with the Game. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, and the Released Parties hereby disclaim all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement.
A. Disqualification. It is the Participant’s sole responsibility to ensure that they have complied in full with all conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if they have not complied with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and the prize forfeited. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated, third party or other automated or robotic participation, in whole or in part, will be accepted. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the Participant and/or originating by any other mechanism, including but not limited to commercial promotion subscription, notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Game. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Game; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Game, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
B. Force Majeure/Printing and Production Errors. Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Game, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Game or Game materials in any way, if it determines in its sole discretion, that any Game materials and/or Prize Claim Documents reflect printing or other errors or if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Game is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures, malfunctions or errors (including, without limitation, computer viruses or other deleterious programs or materials, unauthorized human or mechanical intervention, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper play, integrity and/or feasibility of the Game. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Game as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made health epidemic or pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Game. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The sole responsibility and liability for any invalid or irregular Game play or Magenta Ticket is replacement with another Game play or Magenta Ticket (time permitting and as solely determined by Sponsor). Replacement shall be the sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. In no event will more prizes be awarded than set forth in these Official Rules. If, due to printing, digital, computer programming, hardware or software, or production errors or for any reason, more potential winners in any prize category come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize as set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s) in that prize category. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Participant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
C. Invalidity. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by the Sponsor.
10. Disputes/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, Participants agree that:
a. any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Game (including any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prizes, the availability or use or same; or the conduct of the Game), shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective (provided that, if for any reason AAA declines to administer the arbitration, the dispute may be arbitrated before JAMS, Inc. or another mutually agreed upon arbitration service pursuant to its own rules for expedited consumer arbitration); and
b. waive any right to seek or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief (provided that nothing in these Official Rules will restrict a California resident’s right under applicable law (if any) to seek public injunctive relief otherwise in accordance with the requirements of this provision); and
c. any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Game (if any), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and
d. under no circumstances will a Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, exemplary and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of Washington or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in King County, Washington (except where otherwise required by the applicable arbitration rules).
11. Official Rules: These Official Rules will be available at www.t-mobile.com/5GLiteBrite during the Game Period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope (“SASE”) to T-Mobile’s 5G Lite Brite® Magenta Ticket Game Official Rules Request, P.O. Box 1561, Chicago, IL 60690. All requests must be postmarked by December 16, 2022, for receipt by December 23, 2022. Vermont residents with a return address located in Vermont may omit return postage. Limit one request per outer envelope.
12. Winners List: For a list of Official Winners (“List”), mail a #10 SASE to Redemption Center: T-Mobile’s 5G Lite Brite® Magenta Ticket Game Winners List Request, P.O. Box 1561, Chicago, IL 60690. All requests must be postmarked by December 16, 2022, and received by December 23, 2022. Limit one request per outer envelope.
13. Sponsor: T-Mobile USA, Inc., 12920 SE 38th Street, Bellevue, Washington, USA 98006. Game Administrator: The Marketing Store Worldwide, LP, 55 W. Monroe, Chicago, IL 60603.
© 2021 T-Mobile USA, Inc. All Rights Reserved. By participating, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor.